Swelling More in Three Weeks Than Two Weeks After Nose Job?

Hello I had a nose job 3 weeks ago, last week my nose was smaller and looked better this week my nose seems wider? why could that be? will it get smaller?

Swelling After Rhinoplasty

+1

Swelling is a normal part of the healing process. It takes up to nine months for the majority of the swelling to subside, and up to a year for full recovery. During that recovery period the nose will change significantly. Do not worry about the size of your nose after only three weeks.

Jaime Perez, MD
Rhinoplasty Specialist
Plastic Surgery Center of Tampa

Swelling Fluctuation During The Healing Process After Rhinoplasty

+1

It is normal that swelling fluctuates as the patient recovers; every patient is different and at 3 weeks post-op I do not find what you are describing to be alarming.

Nonetheless, I recommend that you keep your surgeon in the loop of your progress while you follow his/her instructions religiously.

Thank you for your post.

The best of wishes to you.

Dr. Sajjadian

Ali Sajjadian, MD, FACS

Rhinoplasty swelling

+1

Swelling of the nose will fluctuate during the healing process and can be affected by activity level.