Can I Still Have Swelling at 2 Months Post-BBL?

I had a brazilian butt lift on july 28, and had my stomach,flanks, back,knee,and whole thigh. I have a soft mushly feeling and wanted to know if that was still swelling, it has been about 2 months. How long will it take for all the swelling since I had so much lipo done?

Brazilian butt lift and swelling

+1

With a Brazilian butt lift, there is a period of swelling that lasts from 3-4 months. This is secondary to fluid shift, inflammatory reaction, and the healing process among other things. Most of your swelling should be resolved in approximately three months. After three months, whatever fat is present will stay there permanently. 

Brazilian butt lift and swelling

+1

After the Brazilian butt lift our liposuction in my patients I will still see swelling at 2 months. When I notice is at one month 60% of swelling is gone, by 2 months 80% of the swelling is gone by 3 months is starting to get the final look. The swelling am talking about is a swelling in the areas of liposuction. Sometimes if the patient had a large amount of liposuction and loose skin it may take even longer for the swelling to go away.

In the buttocks after the fat injection in 2 months most of my patients will still has swelling but I do not see a decrease in size After the 3rd week postop.

Wendell Perry, MD