Swelling 8 Months Post-Rhinoplasty

I Had Open Rhinoplasty 8 Months Ago,I Used To Have A Big Deviated Concave Nose So I Had The Surgery..I Had Rhinoplasty And Septo-Plasty In The Same Time...I Had The Cast Off 1 Month Post The surgery ,It Was A Big Nose But The Shape Was Great! The Time Passed By, Its Been 8 Months , My Nose Changed Shape , It Gone Worse , My Bridge Is Great , But I Have Problems When It Comes To The Nose Tip , Its Big and a Little Asymmetrical To The Right ,The Surgeon Said Its Normal,is it normal?what shud i do?

Swelling after Rhinoplasty

+2

Hi Alex Ma in Beirut, 04 -

Tip swelling can take over twelve months to improve especially with thick skin. Occasionally an injection of corticosteroids to the nasal tip swelling can be helpful. You should check with your surgeon to see if this may be appropriate for you situation.

Sincerely,

Tom Kaniff

Sacramento Facial Plastic Surgeon

Swelling after open vs closed rhinoplasty

+2

it is common for nasal swelling to persist for at least 12-18 months after rhinoplasty. Usually, there is more prolonged swelling after an open vs a closed rhinoplasty. Your nose looks well and you should give it more time before judging it.

S. Sean Younai, MD, FACS

Swelling after a rhinoplasty is not uncommon

+1

It is not uncommon to have some degree of swelling to the tip of the nose for the first 12 months after surgery.  Some individuals are more prone the this condition including those with thicker nasal skin.  Gentle massage may be of some benefit.

Swelling of the tip

+1

I think the best thing to do is wait.  It truly takes at least a year for the swelling to be more or less gone from a primary open rhinoplasty.  Be patient and go back to your surgeon to discuss the situation.

Jay Calvert, MD