How Much Swelling Will Go Down and in How Long?

I am 3 weeks post op from my open Septorhinoplasty & Turbinectomies and my nose looks huge and pig like. The columella is really hanging down and from the side you can see inside my nose. Over the past 3 weeks it feels like the tip has got bigger and the columella more droopy. How much is swelling and how long will it take to subside? Thank you

How Long for Swelling to Decrease after Rhinoplasty

+1

You're only 3 weeks post-op; the swelling will decrease over the next 6-12 months. On the basis of one picture, I think you may ultimately have a problem with the hanging columella which will need to be lifted during a revision procedure.

Swelling After Rhinoplasty

+1

Hi James,

Best to speak with your sugeon who knows what was done.  At 6 to 12 months after your surgery, if you still have concerns then a revision rhinoplasty could be considered.  Good luck and be well.

Dr. P

Michael A. Persky, MD