Look Bigger Now Than Right After Mini Tummy Tuck and Lipo

Hello..on July 8th, 2010 I had a mini tummy tuck and tumecent liposuction on my abdomen and love handles. When I came home from the hospital my tummy looked very tiny and my love handles were totally gone. Now 6 days late I feel like I look bigger than I did before the surgery. What happened is it the swelling that changed my original shape? Will it go back to how I looked when I came home from the hospital? Also Ive been wearing my compression garment 24/7. Thank you

Appearance after a mini tummy tuck

+1

A mini tummy tuck is a safe and effective procedure that can create a more contoured abdomen, a tight waist and a beautiful figure.

Patient to undergo this procedure should understand that there is a significant recovery process afterwards. We let our patients know the patient anticipate swelling, bruising, and some irregularity especially during the early stages. These symptoms will go away as your body reduces the inflammation and the extra fluid in your tissue. In our Miami practice, we have designed a specific compression garments for our tummy tuck patients. These garments provide even pressure throughout the areas that have been treated and patients appreciate the extra support and comfort that they provide. Be sure that you inform your doctor of your concerns as they will likely want to examine you to determine that you are healing as expected.

Post-op swelling after mini tummy tuck

+1

What you are more than likely experiencing is post-operative swelling.  This usually takes several weeks to improve and may hang around for months.

Weigh more after tummy tuck than before!

+1

You should always remain in close contact with your surgeon to ensure that there are no treatable causes for your condition. However, it is not unusual to way more after surgery due to fluid retention as well as slow bowel motility due to narcotic analgesics.

Web reference: http://bodysculptor.com/tummy.html