Swelling/Indentation and Bump After Septorhinoplasty?

Three weeks ago I had a septorhinoplasty performed where cephalic cartilage was trimmed. One of my nostrils is extremely swollen inside, to the point of almost closure. I also have had a visibly noticeable firm bump appear within the past couple of days on the outside of the opposite nostril, along side what appears to be some indentation. Is it normal for new swelling to occur after 2 weeks? I'm worried that the shape is worsening with time and the internal nostril swelling has not gone down.

3 weeks after rhinoplasty

+1

Dear saradesi,

• 3 weeks is still very early, and you will swell asymmetrically
  • A lot of issues resolve by the six month mark, so you will continue to have changes
  • If you have any concerns, just see your surgeon, that is what our job is

Best regards,

Nima Shemirani

Post rhinoplasty

+1

It's difficult to know what is happening without seeing you in person. You definitely can get swelling and changes after a procedure. It is hard to wait and be patient but it is necessary. Express your concerns to your surgeon. It is always possible that a revision will be needed but most surgeons will wait months for any reoperation.

Jacksonville Plastic Surgeon