Tummy Tuck Swelling Getting Worse 3 Weeks Post-op

I had a tummy tuck 3 1/2 weeks ago. At first my swelling seemed very little. Now after the 3 week mark, I am so swollen that it feels like the swelling has moved to my upper torso, bottom and thighs. I have a warm sensation now as well. I am more and more uncomfortable and can't fit into my new po clothes. I am consistent on eating well/ clean, and exercise. What is this? How do I alleviate and/try to stop the swelling from increasing even more? (I have been wearing my garment 24/7).

Go see your doctor for swelling.

+2

While swelling can increase at times after surgery based on many things like diet, activity, even the weather you should not hessitate to go back to your doctor now.

I am sure he or she would want to see you to make sure you do not have a seroma or an infection.

Reston Plastic Surgeon

It is typical to have swelling three weeks after surgery.

+1

It is typical to have swelling three weeks after surgery.  You should discuss your concerns with your plastic surgeon if you are still worried. 

Tummy tuck

+1

Swelling after a  tummy tuck is common. At three weeks you may have a lot of swelling, but you also want to make sure that you do not have a seroma. Check with your doctor.

Post TT swelling

+1

See your surgeon and get evaluated soon. It is common for swelling to occur  throughout the body after an abdominoplasty especially in the back, buttocks and thighs.  It may be several months before you fit into your clothes.  On the other hand you may have a seroma and/or an infection which needs to be treated now.

Lori H. Saltz, MD

+1

See your surgeon ASAP to check to see if you have a seroma. Better safe than sorry. From MIAMI Dr. Darryl J. Blinski