Is Swelling Fluctuation Normal 8 Weeks Post-Op Facial Liposuction?

I am just shy of 8 weeks post-op facial liposuction. Overall, I am VERY happy with the results. However, in the past 5 days, I have noticeably increased swelling in the area under my chin and near my neck. (Husband agrees.) It makes me look somewhat "jowly" again. Is this normal? What can I do to make it go away so my face looks like it did two weeks ago? I should note that I have flown in the past 1-2 weeks and this week I started my period in case that has any bearing on swelling. Thanks!

Swelling after facial liposuction

+1

A few factors may contribute to swelling after facial liposuction. Have you stopped wearing a compression garment? If so, you should resume wearing it. The menses can contribute to more swelling. Airplane travel can contribute to significant swelling because of atmospheric pressure differences. Salt retention from diet consumption can also contribute to the swelling.