Radiesse 1 Year Ago - When Will Swelling Under Eyes Go Away?

I had radiesse injections placed under the eye area over a year ago, and the area is still swollen. Certain days will look way worse. And one eye is definitely worse. Dicoloration has also been a nightmare. I went to an allergist recently who prescribed prendisone- and it worked. Don't want to stay on prendisone. Help!

Swelling under eyes x 1yr after radiesse

+2

Any filler when injected either too deep or obstructing the lympathic flow of the orbit, can cause eye swelling- this results in some days being worse than others as it depends on the fluid around the eyes. Radiesse should dissolve in 12-18mo and the effects should get better. If they do not, there may have been some damage with the injections to the lymphatic system that is causing this. Speaking to your injecting physician of your concerns would be wise.

Germantown Dermatologist

Swelling Under Eyes from Radiesse

+1

Since prednisone worked to reduce the swelling, there most likely is still some inflammation present. I agree you should not be taking any more prednisone for this, so I would recommend a trial of NSAID's such as ibuprofen for a few weeks to see if that works.  If it doesn't, the next step would be to try intralesional injection of a very dilute solution of triamcinolone solution (a corticosteroid) which should help.

South Burlington Dermatologic Surgeon

Radiesse Bumps after Under Eye Filler?

+1

Hi RW.  Sorry to hear about your situation.  If the prednisone is working for you then we would recommend continuing to use it until the Radiesse has dissipated.  Given that a shorter duration filler like Restylane can last up to 9 months under the eyes, you probably still have some fo the product there and hopefully your issue will go away as the product dissipates.

In the future, do not let anyone inject Radiesse under the eyes.  This is not a good location for this product, which is much more suitable for the cheeks.  In the worst case we have seen, a patient came to us after being injected with Radiesse under the eyes and we had to recommend surgical removal because the placement and appearance was so bad.  

Web reference: http://www.celibre.com/radiesse-injections-overview.aspx

Swelling from Radiesse in the tear troughs

+1

Clinically we see the corrective nature of Radiesse lasting for about one year in the face. When the company first marketed the material they indicated it could be present for much more time than that be we didn't see it clinically. You might still have some traces, then, for some time, even more than an additional year, but it may all go away and with it, the swelling. On the other hand, there might be swelling because of the physical nature of injecting the Radiesse and this may take longer to heal also.

Fillers Tear trough

+1

Fillers in the tear trough has been way overdone by consumers doctores and ameteurs.

This resulted in the injection of semi, long term fillers as Radiesse to the tear trough without knowing where to inject and how much,

this resulted in major problems, The radiesse that was injected in your case may stay a long tome and not disolve. Surgical removal is prctically impossible.

If it does not disolve by itself in one year to 18 months, then the deformity is permanent. Anthing that can be done may improve some, but there will be no return to normal.

See a BOARD CERTIFIED PLASTIC SURGEON (AMERICAN BOARD OF PLASTIC SURGERY) to work with