Swelling from Eyelid Surgery. Do the Eyebrows Go Back Down?

It seems that my eyebrows are higher (from the swelling) from eyelid surgery along with looking puffier (esp around the lateral "outside" part). but my eyebrows were already high to begin with and just wondering , do they go back down to normal as the swelling goes down?

Browlift after Blepharoplasty

+1

Yes the brows will go back down if all you had done is an upper blepharoplasty.  Once the swelling subsides your brows will return to their original position.

Hope that helps.

Brows seem higher after eyelid surgery

+1

After all the swelling goes away, the brows will return to its previous position. It may even be lower than the original position if you have been consciously or unconsciously raising your brows to compensate for the lid drooping.

Peter T. Truong, MD
Fresno Oculoplastic Surgeon

Please provide more information and pictures

+1

Without the pictures it is hard to give good answer,but it will take few months before you see the final result. Please send pictures if the swelling does not get better.

Kamran Khoobehi, MD
New Orleans Plastic Surgeon

Eyelid Swelling Will Go Down

+1

Your eyelid swelling and brows will return to normal.  It can take a few months before everything returns to where it should be, so just be patient.  If you are having problems still after three months, then I would address it with your surgeon.  I hope this helps.

Christopher V. Pelletiere, MD
Barrington Plastic Surgeon