When Will Swelling Decrease After Smart Lipo Treatment?

I am considering Smart Lipo on inner and outer thighs like almost immediately but I am going to go to Aruba approximately 12 days from surgey. I am already self-conscious about my legs but don't want to be very swollen when I go.

Should I wait until I get back or will swelling decrease by 12-13 days?

Swelling and Laser assisted lipolysis.

+4

I would discuss this with your surgeon who can provide your with the best advice. For example, The treated fat can be evacuated with a traditional liposuction machine or can be left for the body to resorb. In the latter situation, the swelling can persist for a longer period after surgery.

If you were my patient, I would advise you to go on vacation; relax and enjoy the trip followed by the surgical procedure when you return

Swelling after Smart Lipo treatment

+3

Do NOT do this 12 days prior to a long airline trip. BAD idea. You will still have swelling issues. I say this after having done over 2,000 Smart Lipo cases. We do not expect extended swelling time with any laser lipolysis but 'WHAT IF' it happens? Than you will have a vacation wearing shorts and not a bikini. Regards.

Smartlipo recovery

+2

For the most part, recovery from liposuction is easily manageable, but being on the beach two weeks after surgery is probably pushing it. Typically, a compressive garment is worn for 1 to 2 weeks. Bruising can last from 1 to 3 weeks and sun exposure would slow the healing process. If you had 3 weeks before vacation, it would be more doable.

Have you heard about the Zerona laser that has been FDA cleared to reduce inches with no pain, no surgery and no downtime? This might be the ideal solution to slimming down before your trip. Patients are losing between 3.6 to 5.5 inches and many are seeing even greater results when combined with a sensible diet and exercise program. If you start 2 weeks before your trip, you should be good to go.

Michelle Copeland, MD, DMD