Re-swelling 8 days post Restylane in eye trough area. Can anyone shed light on why this may be? (photo)

I had restylane filler in the eye trough area 8 days ago. My left eye was very bruised and swollen. My right eye was only swollen which subsided approx. 3 days later. Both eyes were doing fine and today my right eye is swollen again and feels tender (not the bruised eye). I can feel a hard nodule underneath (although I could feel it there before but it didn't feel this large). It is not red or hot. Can anyone shed light on why this may be and the best way I can handle it.

Resy

+1
The bump under the eye area can be too much product or a superficial skin infection.  I would advise you to return to the treating physician to make sure you are treated properly.  If it a lump from the product a small amount of Hyaluronidase can be injected into the area to treat it.  

Restylane filler for tear troughs

+1
You should return to your doctor for assessment.  It is possible that the nodule is filler, which may be massaged or dissolved, but inflammation or infection should be ruled out.

Martie Gidon, MD, FRCPC
Toronto Dermatologist

Re-swelling 8 days post Restylane in eye trough area. Can anyone shed light on why this may be?

+1
Massaging the area could soften the nodule or injecting a very small amount of hyaluronidase to break up the product would help, in time the bump will fade away 

+1
Without IN PESON examination, I can only guess it is a residual HA nodule. In time these usually resolve or try HAudaise injections..