Swelling 8 Days Post Liposuction?

I'm a 37 year old mother of three, fit (excersized 5 hours a week) no medical history. Weighed 65kg (bmi 24) pre-op, now 67kg! My surgeon removed 6kg of fat from my knees,inner and outer thighs, hips, flanks, upper and lower abdomen. I am concerned about my weight. Is it possible for me to be retaining 8kg's of water? I am very swolen despite wearing my garment, eating little due to poor appetite. I have little discomfort and feel well, but my legs are double their normal size and very brused.

Retaining Water after Liposuction

+1

Retaining fluid after liposuction is part of the normal healing process.  Kenneth Hughes, MD Los Angeles, CA

Swelling after Liposuction

+1

Swelling after Liposuction can continue for months.  Having swelling 8 days post-op is very normal.  The water retention is normal as well.  I suggest to stay away from the scale for a bit and concentrate on healing.  Remember, most likely you will not lose any weight from the liposuction.  It will be the reduction in inches that will be what you notice.  Be patient and give it some time.

James E. Murphy, MD, FACS
Reno Plastic Surgeon