Is This Much Swelling Correct After One Month of Gynecomastia Surgery? (photo)

i got my gynecomastia surgery done a month ago and still my chest skin is baggy is this swelling or some tissue left inside will this go or will be permanent for how long should i wear compression garment please reply

Swelling after gynecomastia surgery

+1

The amount of swelling can vary from patient to patient, and even from side to side in the same patient, so it's difficult to comment on your results based on one photo without any knowledge of your pre-operative appearance.  Your surgeon can likely answer best about your current situation and anticipated outcome.  That said, most gynecomastia surgeons use compression for at least 4 weeks after surgery to help manage the swelling.  Many of us use massage afterwards to help with swelling and scarring.  It takes a while for all of the swelling to go away, and I will generally defer any secondary intervention for at least 9 months to a year to allow for all swelling to fully resolve and for the skin to retract--to avoid that "baggy" appearance you describe.  The tightening process that follows liposuction is only in its earliest stages at 4 weeks after surgery, so that take a lot of time to improve. 

Speak with your surgeon for guidance on compression, and good luck.

Newton Plastic Surgeon

Is This Much Swelling Correct After One Month of Gynecomastia Surgery?

+1

Best path is to ASK your operative surgeon the post op protocols for garment use. each of us have are own recommendations.