Is This Swelling or Close to my Final Result? (photo)

Hi doctors, I had liposuction of the lower abdomen only on 8/3/12. My PS removed 200 cc's. Can someone please look at my photos and tell me honestly if they think this is swelling? I look EXACTLY the same. I don't feel swollen at all, though. I have talked about this in many posts. Sorry. I guess it is post-op anxiety. Also, what is that area on the side of my ribcage called? I'm thinking about getting that lipo'd as well. If this darn swelling ever goes down. Is that an easy area to treat?

200 cc Liposuction at 1 Month and No Results

+1

200 cc is a very small amount, particularly if that is lipoaspirate.  This may represent only 50 to 100 cc of fat.  I typically liposuction 5000 cc per liposuction of the trunk.  There may still be swelling present at 1 month.  Kenneth Hughes, MD Los Angeles, CA

Small volume liposuction and swelling

+1

Hi,

Even though you did not have a lot of fat removed, you are still seeing some swelling, and it will take time for it to completely subside.  Much of the swelling will be gone by 3 months, so it would probably be fair to asses the results of the procedure at that time.  In the meantime, make sure you maintain a healthy and active lifestyle.

Lawrence A. Osman, MD
Woodland Hills Dermatologic Surgeon

Liposuction, post op swelling and final result

+1

Although 200 cc is a small to moderate liposuction volume, you are still only a few weeks out from your liposuction and will probably see further reduction in the coming weeks.  it may take  6 to 12 weeks to see the final results.  Wearing a compression garment and watching your salt and fluid intake can help speed the process.  Best wishes.

Vincent D. Lepore, MD
San Jose Plastic Surgeon

Liposuction and results

+1

With only 200 cc removed you may not notice too much.  Plus you are only a month out and you may still be swollen.  

Hello

+1

You are still swollen it takes 6-9 months for the swelling to completely subside. Are you wearing a compression garment?

Stuart B. Kincaid, MD, FACS