Swelling and Bump on Bridge After Nasal Reduction

Nasal reduction for a broken nose done 4 weeks after injury. Plaster splint on for 10 days after procedure. It has now been 17 days since procedure and 7 days since removal of plaster. Weird pressure feeling in the nose, particularly the upper bridge. This area also looks like I have a lump or bump there with some swelling at the sides near the eyes. Feels very soft at the sides near the eyes too. That pressure feeling runs into my front making them feel slightly numb. Is this common?

Swelling and Bump 17 Days after Rhinoplasty

+1

Everything you describe may be present 17 days after a septorhinoplasty for correction of nasal fractures. I suggest you ask the surgeon who did your surgery  to evaluate your concerns.

Swelling after nasal bone reduction

+1

At 4 weeks after a fracture, it is likely that you had osteotomies (bone cuts) performed to mobilize the nasal bones.  Accordingly, you would expect to have some swelling and bruising.  Swelling of the nasal tissue frequently causes a tingling or numb feeling in the skin.  Your surgeon should take a look to make sure everything is healing correctly. 

Matthew Bridges, MD
Richmond Facial Plastic Surgeon

Strange feelings in nose after fracture

+1

This all sounds consistent with the nature of the injury but you really should consult with your surgeon who is best equipped to provide you withe the best answer.