Is This Swelling? Can Bones Still Move and Straighten?

I had a closed rhinoplasty procedure on the 15th of June (removal dorsal hump, minor tip work to make smaller, shaved septum to straighten). I have made a before and after photo and am now concerned about the obvious asymmetry on the right side of my bridge. My tip is very solid to touch and appears larger in the after photo also..is this swelling? is it likely that the bone in the right bridge will move/straighten? Im afraid that I actually looked better before than after.I do not want revision

Is this still swelling after my Rhinoplasty and did I look better before?

+1

I have performed Rhinoplasty for over 20 years and from these pictures, your nose does have an improved appearance from the pre Rhinoplasty picture.  At 2 months post Rhinoplasty you will still have residual swelling.  How much and when it'll all go away is highly variable form case to case and this is really something that your Rhinoplasty surgeon can answer since he/she knows what was doen to your nose during the Rhinoplasty.

Female

+1

You are far from healed. Return to your surgeon and maybe a little gentel pressure will change what looks like an incomplete osteotmy on the right. Tips stay swollen and hard for a long time.

David A. Bray, Sr., MD

Aasymmetry 2 Months post RhinoplastTy

+1

The firmness of your tip is probably secondary to normal post-op swelling 2 months after your rhinoplasty. Hopefully the asymmetry of your bridge is also secondary to swelling. Your nasal bones will not move in the future. Wait another 6-8 months to see if a revision wii be  necessary to improve symmetry.

Swelling after rhinoplasty

+1

I'm afraid it is too early to asses final results. It usually takes almost an entire year to appreciate your final 'look'.

Nose tips are usually last to resolve. Expect it to be 'woody' for months! As far as the deviation - ask your surgeon - no one else will know best. Be patient and allow yourself to heal. You will be able to see slight changes every month! I hope this helps, Dr. H

Gary M. Horndeski, MD
Texas Plastic Surgeon

Too soon to assess rhinoplasty results

+1
You're just under 2 months after surgery and undoubtedly still have some swelling. The hard feeling in your nose likely represents fluid within the tissues of your nasal tip. Swelling takes 6-12 months to resolve; I wouldn't even contemplate revision until one year post-op.

Sam Jejurikar, MD

Rhinoplasty, swelling, asymmetry

+1

Although it is still relatively early  you should start seeing the majority of the changes that were accomplished during you rhinoplasty procedure at this stage.  How much swelling and how much change you should be noticing depends on what goals were discussed with your plastic surgeon and how these changes were performed.  You are coming up on 2 months so your before and after photos done properly at you plastic surgeons office should show comparable results with what you wanted to achieve.

Dr Remus Repta

Remus Repta, MD