Swelling Around Nipple After 3+ Months of Surgery?

I have gone through a gynecomastia surgery in april 2012, n now its july end but still there is a much swelling around nipple. it is the area where my doctor made a cut for gland removal,n swelling seems to b increasing,its quite hard if i touch there. Im scared wether i'll have my shaped chest or again i have to suffer with a bulky chest. and i dont find any gland on chest but hardness on nipples. reply asap how much time it will take for nipple to shrink..? is the swelling normal or unusual...?

Gynecomastia swelling post op

+1

These symptoms are very normal. Expect swelling, hardness, and tenderness for 3-6 months. You may need steroid injection and/or massage to soften the tissue up. These symptoms should resolve once healed.

Cincinnati Plastic Surgeon

Hello

+1

Without an exam it is very hard to be accurate. Swelling takes 6-12 month to completely subside. You could have scar tissue build up on the incision or around.  In our practice we like to tell our patients to message the area, which would help to break down that scar tissue. You need to see your PS to get what his instruction would be, every practice is different.

Stuart B. Kincaid, MD, FACS