Is swelling and stiffness normal at the end of the day?

I am 4 wis post op having done TT and umbilical repair. I notice when I walk during the day or go in and out of my van my stomach gets stiff and swollen, should I be concerned? I know I'm only 4 weeks but how long before I feel normal

Stiffness and Swelling

+1

Thank you for your question. A personal exam and consultation is always best.

That said it is not uncommon to feel the symptoms you describe four weeks after an abdominoplasty. I suggest contacting your surgeon who can determine if you are over doing your activities or if the stiffness and swelling are normal for you. Everyone is different. Your surgeon may want to examine you so that recommendations can me made.

Be sure to consult a plastic surgeon who is certified by the American Board of Plastic Surgery, experienced in your procedure, and who has an excellent reputation in your community.

+1

Yes, what you describe is quite “normal”. Patients will report increased swelling/tightness after periods of increased activity. However, if you notice a change in your physical examination, best to be evaluated by your plastic surgeon for accurate physical examination, diagnosis, advice, and/or reassurance. C if he/she recommends the use of garments such as “spanx” during periods of increased activity.