Swelling and Redness a Year After Restylane Normal?

It's been about a year since my last restylane injection and out of the blue, I developed redness, soreness and swelling in my tear trough. Is this normal? Is it working its way out or something?

Swelling and redness a year after Restylane normal?

+1

In general, the side effects of Restylane treatment may include the following:

1) Swelling
2) Bruising
3) Redness around the injection site

After one year, the redness, soreness, and swelling present in your tear trough is not a result of your Restylane treatment, and it is not working its way out of your skin. The mentioned side effects are typically evident within the first few weeks of the treatment. I would recommend following up with your physician, as you may have another medical issue that needs attention. I hope this helps, and good luck.

Charlotte Facial Plastic Surgeon

Swelling and Redness..

+1

This could possibly happen if Restylane was injected superficial. Seek your medical provider, he/she can inject and enzyme called hyaluronidase to help break the product so your body can absorb it.