Swelling After Tummy Tuck?

I noticed swelling above my belly button a good size space, and i thought just typical swelling. I noticed tonight 2 weeks post op that it's significantly more. Is that typical to have swelling increase as time goes on? It's not hot or red at all. If it's fluid that needs to be drained, can you do that in the office? Will this get better on it's own?

Fluid post op

+1

This most likely represents a seroma, that can be easily drained in the office with just a small needle.  This is quite common after the procedure, and if attended to right away will not damage the final results.

Greenwich Plastic Surgeon

Possible Seroma

+1
Swelling in the upper abdomen after tummy tuck can be due to a seroma. This is typically drained in the office. It may require 1-3 attempts until it is fully resolved. Consult with your surgeon to address. All the best.

Robert F. Centeno, MD, FACS
Fairfax Plastic Surgeon

Seroma after tummy tuck needs to be drained.

+1

Hi.

See your surgeon right away.  You probably have a fluid collection that needs to be drained.

George J. Beraka, MD (retired)

Swelling after Tummy Tuck

+1

Without an exam and photos, it is difficult to answer the question.  You stated that you had a tummy tuck 2 weeks ago.  I recommend you contact your Plastic Surgeon for an appointment as soon as possible.  It is very important to see your Plastic Surgeon often for follow up care after surgery.

Robert E. Zaworski, MD