Swelling After Tummy Tuck and Lipo?

I got a tt, mt and lipo to inner thighs. they want me to keep my legs wrapped but my legs and feet are swelling like crazy. What can I do?

Swelling After Tummy Tuck and Lipo

+1

There are numerous possible causes including improper wrapping technique (should be wrapped from the foot up). Compression to the abdomen and thighs only is very likely to contribute to swelling in the legs and feet.  But a serious possibility is a blood clot, an uncommon but not rare complication after TT. A call to your surgeon should be step one, and a decision can be made as to how much of an evaluation is needed. This can be life threatening but is readily treatable. 

Call your surgeon.  Best wishes. 

Leg Swelling after Liposuction/Tummy Tuck

+1

The most immediate thing you can do, once you are sure there are no clot complications in your legs, is to elevate your legs at least 12 inches higher than heart level or higher, in the lying down position.  Be sure that the wraps or garments are not trapping swelling below them from tightness.

Inner thighs are notorious for lots of swelling, and often will respond to lymphatic drainage, a type of massage that encourages the swelling fluid to re-eneter the blood stream so you can pee it off. You may even want about 30'' of this each day if you aren't too tender.  If you keep elevating and get the massage you should see some rapid progress over days to control the swelling.  A few surgeons have someone in the practice who can also do ultrasound, if they have a machine, which also helps the swelling.

Good luck! I think you will be feeling better soon.

Worcester Plastic Surgeon

Swelling after Tummy Tuck?

+1

Best to be evaluated by your plastic surgeon.  Although, given the nature of the procedures performed for you, some swelling is to be expected, it is always important to  consider the possibility of  complications such as deep venous thrombosis causing postoperative lower extremity swelling.

Assuming that your plastic surgeon determines that your swelling is dependent edema, to be expected after the procedures performed, then leg elevation and the use of compressive stockings will be helpful.

Best wishes for a safe and uneventful recovery.

Web reference: http://www.poustiplasticsurgery.com/Procedures/Procedure_tummyTuck.htm