Normal To Have Swelling After Smart Lipo Garment Removal?

I had SmartLipo on Nov 18. (2 weeks ago today) and was told my my surgeon to wear the garment 24/7 for the first two weeks. I called him this morning and he said now that 2 weeks was up, it was fine to either go without, or switch to another type like spanx. I switched to a spanx-like garment today and have had it on for about 7 hours and it seems as though I am much more swollen now than I was previously. Is this because I switched garments and is this normal?

Concern about swelling after SmartLipo after 2 weeks

+1

Your experience is entirely normal and there is no need for concern. Swelling from liposuction doesn't disappear in a few weeks - it can take several months for most of it to dissipate. Furthermore, with increased activity there can be some increased temporary swelling.

I would, therefore, follow the recommendations of your surgeon as they are entirely reasonable and prudent. 

Web reference: http://www.turkeltaub.com

Swelling and Compression Garments After Liposuction

+1

One of the biggest recovery issues that patients have after any form of liposuction is how long it really takes for the swelling to go away. This is not a several week issue, it is one of months. The wearing of garments is for comfort and some swelling control but they are not magical in terms of shaping and making the swelling go way any sooner. You can stop wearing them when it becomes obvious that you no longer need them for comfort. Switching from heavier to lighter compression garments can be done after several weeks as a transition to going garment free in a few more weeks.

Web reference: http://www.eppleysmartlipo.com/

Healing after liposuction

+1

Swelling after liposuction is normal..  This may take several months to dissipate.  Certainly at two weeks post and without a "lighter" garment you may notice more swelling.

Swelling after Smart Lipo

+1
You can expect swelling during the healing process. This should continue for at least another 6-8 weeks in the initial phase so what you are experiencing is completely normal.

Liposuction and Swelling?

+1

This is part of the healing process but if you have any questions or concerns, I would ask that you follow up with your surgeon.  I ask my liposuction patients to wear a compression garment for 4 weeks post op surgery to help with the swelling.  The swelling can take months to subside until you see the final results. 

Best Wishes!

Web reference: http://www.poustiplasticsurgery.com/Procedures/procedure_liposuction.htm