Still Have Swelling 7 Months After Septorhinoplasty, Should I Worry?

I had an open septorhinoplasty about seven months ago. Unfortunately, the swelling has yet to subside and I have a tip which looks like a round ball and its rather big for my taste. I had a severely deviated septum; however, my tip was very fine prior to the procedure. Should I be concerned considering it has been seven months and I am this swollen at the tip? I spoke to my surgeon at six months and he informed me I would lose 1mm of swelling from each angle of my tip. Is this true?

Tip swelling after rhinoplasty

+1
After rhinoplasty, tip shape is typically the last thing to settle before seeing the final result; this can take 12 months or longer. During this time you will notice that the size of your tip decreases as swelling resolves and subtle details and tip definition appear. It is difficult to predict by the millimeter how much the tip will decrease in size once the swelling resolves.

At 7 months following rhinoplasty, you will still notice an improvement in the swelling and decrease in the size of your nose.

Recovery after rhinoplasty will vary based on the person, characteristics of the nasal tissues and what was done during surgery. It can take somewhere in and around 12-18 months to see the final results. The areas with thicker skin in the nose such as the tip, alar rims and radix will require longer to settle. Also there appears to be a linear decrease in swelling for the first several months followed by a period where the swelling fluctuates (sometimes little or no swelling and other times more swelling) before the nose settles.

It's hard but important to stay patient during your recovery and to be diligent attending your follow-up appointments with your surgeon.

Swelling 7 Months after Septorhinoplasty

+1

It is possible that you have residual temporary swelling 7 months after a septorhinoplasty, especially if you have thick skin. It is not unreasonable to expect your appearance to improve over the next 6-9 months.

Swelling in tip

+1

At six or seven months you  more than likley are still swollen. Give it at least a year before getting too upset. Also remember that if you have thick skin, it may contribute to the tip bulkiness.