Swelling After Septorhinoplasty

Hello I had septorhinoplasty 11 days ago. I know you get swelling of the face and nose. I think I am doing well so far. But Will the swelling on my nose continue to go, as it looks really wide compared to my original nose. I had the tip raised aswell, due to having a hump. I would like the bridge and tip to be thinner again. Will this swelling go and give me back my thinner bridge and smaller tip? Can you tell by them if it is just swelling still?

Very early in your recovery after rhinoplasty

+1
After rhinoplasty, tip shape is typically the last thing to settle before seeing the final result; this can take 12 months or longer. During this time you will notice that the size of your tip decreases as swelling resolves and subtle details and tip definition appear. Additionally, you may notice that your tip derotates (drifts downwards) and deprojects (drifts backwards) depending on what was done during surgery and more importantly how much support was restored or added to counteract these forces that are commonly present during the healing period.

At 11 days following rhinoplasty, you are still very early in your recovery. With regards to your concerns about width of your nose, it is just too early to draw any conclusions-but certainly you still have a lot of swelling which is normal. 

Recovery after rhinoplasty will vary based on the person, characteristics of the nasal tissues and what was done during surgery. It can take somewhere in and around 12-18 months to see the final results. The areas with thicker skin in the nose such as the tip, alar rims and radix will require longer to settle. Also there appears to be a linear decrease in swelling for the first several months followed by a period where the swelling fluctuates (sometimes little or no swelling and other times more swelling) before the nose settles.

It's hard but important to stay patient during your recovery and to be diligent attending your follow-up appointments with your surgeon.

Swelling after rhinoplasty

+1

My collegues are correct! You are way too early in the process. I'm afraid it takes more than 6 mos to see the closest to a final result. So, please be patient. You will see changes every week as you progress! You will love your results!

Web reference: http://www.horndeski.com/Default.aspx

Texas Plastic Surgeon

Swelling after rhinoplasty

+1

The splint in a way compresses the nose and in some patients after removal there may seem to be more swelling then ther was initially. Be patient you are way early in this process. It's going to change a lot.

Fort Lauderdale Facial Plastic Surgeon

Swelling after nose surgrery

+1

You are way too early to ask those questions. Return to you surgeon and ask him his opinionand then be patient. This all takes time.

Web reference: http://www.drbray.com