Swelling After Septorhinoplasty and FESS?

I had septorhinoplasty & FESS about 21 days ago. I still am in pain, I cannot breathe normally, & the swelling has not gone down at all. I can cope with the discomfort of the pain, & my ability to breath very slowly seems to be slightly increasing, but I am wondering when the swelling will decrease? Is there anything I can do to reduce the swelling? Can I speed up my healing in anyway? Is my experience normal? Please help! Thank you for your time and any advice anyone is willing to share!

Post Septorhinoplasty Swelling

The fact that your breathing functions are getting better is a good sign of healing and that swelling in the tissues is dissipating. You should see swelling dissipating daily and keep following your surgeons post operative instructions. Sleep elevated, stay on a salt free diet, watch any excessive exercise or heat and sun exposure. These should all help in your continued healing! While 21 days post operative is more then a usual expected time of recovery everyone heals differently. You should be feeling better soon and when in question see your surgeon, express your concerns and hopefully he/she can answer your questions and put your mind at ease! Best regards!