Septoplasty six weeks ago, and the tip is still very crooked and swollen. It looks worse. Is it normal to still have swelling?

As a child I broke my nose. When I was 20 I had septorhinoplasty. I think it did not heal right since as long as I can remember (10 yrs) my nose has been crooked and I couldn't breathe through it. I went to my GP about this, who said I had a severe deviated septum, and this was also why the tip was crooked. I had a septoplasty six weeks ago, and the tip is still very crooked and swollen. It looks worse. Is it normal to still have swelling? This was on the NHS in England, not a plastic surgeon.

Septoplasty for Crooked Nose

+1

While the underlying deviated septum may contribute to a crooked external appearance of the nose, additional considerations need to be given to the underlying anatomy.  Typically swelling can take some time before resolving after a rhinoplasty; however, for a septoplasty, the time period is shorter.  Bear in mind every patient is different.  There may be another reason why your nose is swollen, so I encourage you to find a facial plastic surgeon who can examine and address your nose.