Is This Just Swelling After Rhinoplasty? (photo)

I was wondering if the tiny hump on my nose will vanish soon, I had open rhinoplasty 4 weeks ago, and this tiny hump appeared on my nose 2 weeks after the operation. is it only swelling? thank you for the answers

Tiny Hump Appearing Two Weeks After Operation

+1

The fact that the hump appeared two weeks after surgery and was not present initially suggest a hump of temporary nature.

Hump after rhinoplasty

+1

I reviewed your picture and believe the hump at the junction of the cartialge and bone will not resolve and is not due to swelling.  It is easily fixable with a minor procedure under local anesthesia.  Remember, taking too little is easily fixable; taking too much is very difficult to fix.

Talmage Raine MD FACS

drraine.com

Talmage J. Raine, MD

Rhinoplasty

+1

I do  not see the tiny bump. Your  nose looks great. If you noticed something two weeks after surgery, it may represent swelling and at this point it is just a wait and see thing. Good luck.

Rhinoplasty final result usually visible at four months

+1

Hi.

It does not look like swelling to me, but it is much too early to worry.  You might need a touch up in several months.   Ask your surgeon.

George J. Beraka, MD (retired)

Nice profile 1 month after Rhinoplasty Surgery.

+1

The slightly raised area on your profile is barely perceptible on your photo. This may resolve on its own. Keep us posted as your swelling continues to resolve.

Dr. Joseph

Eric M. Joseph, MD
West Orange Facial Plastic Surgeon

Swelling /Hump After Rhinoplasty

+1

I personally feel its good result so far and its too early to start judging the result.you should end up in a good result.Minor irregularity if you are left with 6 months after surgery they can always be resolved non surgically.Over all you should be happy with the work.wishing you good luck

Ashok Govila, FRCS, MCh, MS
Dubai Plastic Surgeon

Edema after rhinoplasty

+1

Does the tiny hump disappear when you press on it gently?  If so it is likely swelling, and your surgeon may recommend taping or a small injection of kenalog or 5-fluourouracil to speed its resolution.  

Donald B. Yoo, MD