When Does Swelling Disappear After Minor Rhinoplasty?

I now know that after having a 'full' rhinoplasty, it takes 3 months for the majority of of swelling to go, and up to 9 months for the nose to take true shape and size. However, in the case of a very minor rhinoplasty, where only some cartilage is removed and the tip is not touched or rotated ( done under local anesthesia ) how long does swelling take to disappear ? and for the nose to looks it true size??

Time Required To Achieve The End Results Of Rhinoplasty

+1

Dear Rim,

Usually, it takes about 12 months for the end-results of a rhinoplasty to get established with a little fluctuations depending on what was covered during the surgery.

That being said, the recovery pace varies from one patient to another based on skin thickness and post-op ambulation.

I recommend that you follow your surgeon's instructions religiously and to protect your nose from any possible trauma.

Thank you for your inquiry.

The best of luck to you.

Dr. Sajjadian

Minor Rhinoplasty Recovery Time

+1

Hello. Even after very minor rhinoplasty cases under local anesthesia the nose takes about 9 months to take true shape and size, and up to one year to completely heal. Talk to your surgeon if you are concerned about your results.

Jaime Perez, MD
Rhinoplasty Specialist
Plastic Surgery Center of Tampa

Jaime Perez, MD

Swelling after a Minor Rhinoplasty

+1

The length of postoperative swelling is likely to be up to 6 months. It can even last up to a year, even with a minor Rhinoplasty. It depends on what approach was used and it also depends on the thickness of your nasal skin as well. Talk to your facial plastic surgeon and they may be able to give you a more accurate time frame.

Ross A. Clevens, MD
Melbourne Facial Plastic Surgeon