Swelling After 6 Rhinoplasties

hello, ive had five rhinoplasties. sounds like a lot, which it is, but i had a surgeon botch my nose three times and it took a good surgeon two goes to correct it. my last surgery involved rib graft and fascia graft. i am just wondering, does the nose take longer to heal after so many rhinoplasties? and am i being realistic in expecting to see a final result at about 1yr post op or even longer??

It may take longer than one year.

+1

Your nose had undergone multiple surgeries.  Your question is a very reasonable one.  In a first time rhinoplasty, it may take one year to finalize the results.  After multiple surgeries, it may take longer because of scar tissue problems and lymphatic drainage insufficiency.  I would work closely with your revision surgeon on after care to optimize recovery.  Options like taping, massage, and nasal steroid injections might be necessary to ensure the best recovery.  You have a long road ahead, but be patient.

Warmest regards,

Dr. Shah

Denver Plastic Surgeon

Recovery after 6 rhinoplasties

+1

Yes - after multiple rhinoplasties and with use of grafts the swelling is typically more severe and longer lasting - many times 2 years are needed before seeing the final result

Sam Naficy, MD

Prolonged healing time after 6 rhinoplasty surgeries

+1

Yes, with that many surgeries the healing can often be prolonged. I'd certainly anticipate at least 1-2 years for all the swelling to dissipate. Even after that there is often some fine tuning and subtle remodeling that occurs.

Thomas A. Lamperti, MD

Nose can take 1-2 years to heal after multiple Revision Rhinoplasty surgeries

+1

IMHO and experience, the nose can take 1-2 years to heal after multiple Revision Rhinoplasty surgeries.