Swelling After Revision Rhinoplasty, How Different Will My Nose Look One Year From Now? (photo)

I had revision rhinoplasty performed 7 months ago in order to further define my nose. After the surgery the doctor informed me that he "significantly reduced the nasal supra tip and reduced the actual tip by about 50%." I can no longer see with my doctor since I moved. The last time I saw him was 2 months post op where he told me that the tip of my nose was still swollen. How much different my nose will look (definition wise) almost one year from now? Me: thicker skin, male, open rhinoplasty

Swelling After Revision Rhinoplasty, How Different Will My Nose Look One Year From Now?

+1

After revision rhinoplasty operations, the swelling may take at least 18 months to subside.  

Revision swelling

+1

It is the truth when a surgeon says that swelling after a revision could persist for 9 to 12 months with marked definition showing up thereafter. I have seen this scenario many times in my own practice the past twenty years. You have to wait it out and be patient. After 12 months if the result is not there, than take it up with your surgeon at that time.

Richard Galitz, MD, FACS
Miami Facial Plastic Surgeon