Swelling After Removing Fat from Lower Eyelids

I had fat inserted in my eyes like 3 years ago, but because the doctor did a bad job i had to go remove it.I did that last year in November and now, after 7 months, my muscles are still swollen. What can i do about that? Is it something normal?

Malar festoons persistent bags after lower eyelid surgery

+1

It is difficult to determine if this is skin, fat or muscle. However it does appear consistent with malar festoons. If you squint as if you are looking into the distance and the festoon appear less prominent, it may be that you can benefit from a muscle suspension.

Swelling after fat removal in lower eyelids

+1

it is possible that the fat injected to the lower eyelid skin had moved to the cheek below the tear trough causing the lumpiness you have.  It also could be swelling of fluids without fat. it may be a difficult problem to address. Further surgical removal or microliposuction could cause scarring and irregularities. Corticosteroid injections might reduce the volume but you would have to see an expert to determine what the cause of your swelling is.  The doctor might consider having you get a baseline ophthalmology consultation first as there is a slight risk of developing cataracts from corticosteroids, and your treatment might need several sessions to slowly dissolve the material and it has a risk of depressions, hypopigmenation and others.

Ronald Shelton, MD

Lower lid surgery

+1

I do not see swelling in the lower lids. infact the lower lids are good.

There is swelling in the lid-cheeck junction.

I fin that this area responds to liposuction with a very fine canula