Swelling After Mid-Face Lift (15 Months Ago)? (photo)

Hi, I got a mid-face lift 15 months ago and since then I have a weird swelling between the ends of my lips (right and left) up to the nose. It looks a bit like a part of a baloon. I am pretty sure this only happened after the mid-face lift as I was not aware of this before. Any ideas what I can do against it. Any chances it will still go away? Thank you!

Lip Swelling 15 Months after Midface Lift

+1

Have the lips been lifted since your preoperative status?  Hard to tell from the one picture.  Some surgeons dissect a different amount, lift at different angles.  The best thing to do would be to ask your surgeon.

Postoperative Facelift Swelling

+1

I agree this is an odd little swollen area after a facelift. It would be interesting to know if it moves when you smile, is it symmetric and was there any hint of it on your preop photos? Your lips look so nice I wonder if you had any fat grafting around your mouth with your facelift? Usually when something weird shows up after a facelift studying the preop photos will probable give you a hint as to its origin.

Paul S. Howard, MD
Birmingham Plastic Surgeon

Swelling After Mid-Face Lift

+1

Unfortunately, this will likely not go away because it has been so long after your surgery. It would be a good idea to talk to your plastic surgeon or get a second opinion with an expert facelift surgeon who has an extensive knowledge in the performance of facial plastic surgeries.

Babak Azizzadeh, MD

Mid Face Lift

+1

There are many ways to perform a mid face lift. Your symptoms/findings are unusual for most of the methods. I would suggest you discuss this with your surgeon. There may have been other techniques associated with this procedure that could account for your concerns.

If it is not bothersome i would not worry about it. 

Richard W. Maloney, MD
Naples Facial Plastic Surgeon

Swelling After Mid-Face Lift (15 Months Ago)?

+1

After 15 months it most likely is not a swelling issue. But seeing before photos could help. Get copies of your befores to take for second opinions. 

Swelling after mid-face lift

+1

There are many different ways to perform and approach a "mid-face lift" just like there are many ways to perform face lifts in general. Additionally, there are often times when additional procedures are performed to enhance the overall result of a face lift. It would be near impossible to render a meaningful opinion on your post operative result without knowing exactly what was done and being able to analyze your facial features prior to your procedure. I suppose that the short answer could have been that you certainly could be swollen even 15 months after your surgery but these are all things to consider. 

Michael A. Epstein, MD