Swelling 2 days after Juvaderm injection

If you still have swelling 48 hours after Juvaderm injections, is it too late to start icing? Can icing the area cause bruises? The area of injection was my nasolabial folds. I don't have any bruises but have quite a bit of swelling, will the swelling gradually go away within a week or two? I am worried about massaging it since it may make the swelling worse. Your opinions were be greatly appreciated!

Ice after filler

+2
Icing after filler is most effective the first 24-48hrs after injection. I doubt that at this point icing will improve swelling. Next time I would recommend taking arnica + bromelain to minimize swelling and bruising.

Swelling after Juvederm

+2
Swelling after Juvederm is expected. Depending on the areas injected, it may take 2-3 weeks to resolve. We routinely recommend arnica & bromelain after filler injections to minimize swelling & expedite the resolution of any bruising, which can occur up to several days after the filler injections. I doubt the usefullness of ice at this point in time.

John Porcaro, MD
Port Saint Lucie General Surgeon

Two days after juevederm injection and swelling

+2
At two days after injection of juvederm, icing probably will not help. Usually the swelling goes down within a few days.

Swelling and bruising are common side effects of injections and can last up to approx. 2 weeks.

+1
Swelling and bruising are common side effects of injections and can last up to approx. 2 weeks. Typically there is no need for massage. Contact your injector if you have any further questions regarding massage. Cold compresses for 10 mins several times a day is beneficial to reduce swelling. 

Martin Jugenburg, MD