Swelling After a Buttock Lift?

I had a TT + Lipo in May, and a Buttock lift about 2.5 weeks ago, i'm doing great but I have a queston about the swelling I have. I don't really have much swelling at all its just my sides look abit full, puffy and different shapes. I don't think its loose skin as it seems quite tight. Is it nommal to have this problem? The problem is towards the ends of the new scar. Thanks for you answers :-)

Post Butt Lift Swelling

+1

Thank you for your question. Swelling goes the direction of gravity, and swelling is common for 4-6 weeks. Wear your compression clothing and avoid overly salty food. Allow 4-6 weeks before getting nervous. I hope this helps.

Danville Plastic Surgeon

Cosmetic Surgery is an Art and a Science

+1

Thanks for the question. This is all normal 2.5 weeks following surgery. Give it a few months to heal. Best Wishes  Dr Thomas Narsete, M.D.

Thomas A. Narsete, MD
Greenwood Village Plastic Surgeon

Swelling after liposuction

+1

It is absolutely normal to have swelling 2.5 weeks after liposuction.  This may cause your flanks (sides) to seem lumpy or asymmetric.  This should get better over the next few weeks as the swelling goes down.  Good luck.

Sacha Obaid, MD

Puffiness after Buttock Lift

+1

Puffiness at the sides 2 weeks after a buttlift is the norm rather than the exception Allow yourself to heal for at least 3 months before making any decisions about the quality of the result.  Your plastic surgeon may even suggest waiting six months or a year, depending upon your incremental progress.

Swelling after buttock lift.

+1

It sounds like you're doing pretty well considering it's only been 3 weeks. The amount of swelling you're having seems less than normal for all the surgery you had - that's good! You might want to consider a lymphatic massage for this area, but ask your PS first. Best wishes, Dr. Aldo.

Aldo Guerra, MD

Butt Lift and Swelling

+1

Dear Bob8282,  At two and a half weeks after surgery, it is really very difficult to truly see the final shape and result.  Usually the swelling in the surgical sites will just have started to decrease and each side(right versus left) can move at its own speed.  The best analogy I know is that they are not identical twins.  I suggest you give it some time and also discuss your concerns with your plastic surgeon.  Another suggestion is to also include some photos with your question to help the doctors better understand the situation.  Most importantly, remember at this very early stage after surgery, there are so many more changes still to come and your plastic surgeon can best help you understand what is occurring and what is to be expected with each stage of your recovery.  

Herluf G. Lund, Jr, MD
Saint Louis Plastic Surgeon