Is Swelling After Breast Lift W/ Augmentation Extremely Noticeable Under Clothing?

I am 35 with 2 children and work out regularly. I am looking into getting a lift w/ augmentation for volume lost on the tops of my breasts after my pregnancies. I have a desk job & plan on going back to work after one week. Will the swelling still be bad that I will look freakish at work? How can I hide the swelling & the fact that I had surgery? I do not plan on telling anyone at work about this surgery which I may also combine with a mini-tummy tuck.

Breast Augmentation/Mastopexy Swelling?

+1

Generally speaking,  swelling after breast augmentation/mastopexy is not that significant to not be able to hide under loose fitting clothing.  Returning to work one week after any  type of tummy tuck however is probably not doable.

Swelling after a breast augmentation and lift

+1

Wil the swelling after a breast augmentation and lift be noticeable one week after surgery?  Well, you will definitely be swollen.  You can certainly wear lose clothing to cover up.

Swelling after breast lift with augmentation

+1

Most of the swelling occurs in the first few days after a breast lift and augmentation surgery, and should mostly resolve after one week. Unless the implants are enormous, loose clothing is usually sufficient to camouflage the results of the surgery. A mini tummy tuck may cause more pain and be more difficult to conceal if your posture is affected.

Olivia Hutchinson, MD

Obvious appearance of a breast augmentation mastopexy

+1

As Dr. Rand has suggested, it is alot easier to hide a 250cc implant than it is to conceal a 500cc implant. However, for modest sizes, this should be relatively well concealed in most circumstances when wearing loose fitting clothing.

Hiding the result of breast lift and augmentation

+1

Any patient can disguise the fact that they have had breast augmentation surgery just by choosing loose fitting clothing.  Unless you have gone with HUGE implants, this shouldn't be difficult.  Also, those planning surgery often wear more padding before surgery so that their real result doesn't look like a sudden surprise.  The lift isn't an issue at all.

Richard P. Rand, MD, FACS

Swelling after surgery is normal

+1
One week after having breast surgery you will have some swelling but it should not be so much that you cannot camouflage it with your clothes.
The amount of swelling after a breast lift and augmentation should not be excessive.  However, the end result of the surgery itself will most likely be noticeable.  Your breasts will be perkier and larger (unless you're choosing a small implant and already have padding your bra)
Thus, hiding the fact that you had breast surgery (not the swelling) will be the real challenge.

Martin Jugenburg, MD

Breast augmentation and lift Recovery

+1

At 1 week after a breast augmentation and lift, most patients feel comfortable enough to return to work and in most cases it's safe to do so as long as you modify your activities and do not do any heavy lifting, etc.  You will certainly have some swelling still persistent, but you should be able to hide most of it with clothing.

Shahram Salemy, MD, FACS

Degree of post-operative swelling after a Breast Augmention with Lift

+1

Regarding: " Is Swelling After Breast Lift W/ Augmentation Extremely Noticeable Under Clothing?
I am 35 with 2 children and work out regularly. I am looking into getting a lift w/ augmentation for volume lost on the tops of my breasts after my pregnancies. I have a desk job & plan on going back to work after one week. Will the swelling still be bad that I will look freakish at work? How can I hide the swelling & the fact that I had surgery? I do not plan on telling anyone at work about this surgery which I may also combine with a mini-tummy tuck
."

Post-operative swelling after an augmentation Mastopexy is not extreme and you will not look freakish. However, the change in appearance will be determined by the additional volume placed in the breasts. If you wore a padded bra and replaced it with relatively small implants the change should not be noticeable. But if you had significantly larger implants placed, it would be the implants, not the surgical swelling, that would make you more noticeable. Personally, I would advise you to do what is best for you and not worry about what your co-workers would say.

Dr. Peter Aldea