2 weeks post op of Blepharoplasty, my eyes has been swelling and bleeding right after surgery. Is this normal? (photos)

Swelling in right was worse nothing is working. Dr is not concerned. Is this normal. It's been two weeks should I call dr again or give it some time. Day of surgery that eye was bleeding after I got home. 

Post-op blepharoplasty

+2
You have a normal amount of swelling for 2 weeks.  Some post-op bleeding is very normal the first day after surgery.  Hard to tell from the photos, but you may have a little bit of uncorrected ptosis. But this is hard to evaluate until you have healed more.     

Coral Gables Oculoplastic Surgeon

Upper eyelid issues

+2
Thanks for your pictures. You have a couple issues.  One eyelid is  swollen which is okay at this point in time.
The opposite Ilene has a bit of ptosis. I don't know if this was something that was present before the operation certainly it appears to be present now. I would  wait it out for 2 to 3 months to see the final result and then discuss this with the plastic surgeon if there are issues at that time.

Earl Stephenson, Jr., MD, DDS

You are concerned with swelling in the right eye after surgery.

+2
A small bit of bleeding from the eyelid wounds can occur on the day of surgery and have absolute no effect on how you heal.  Unfortunately you did not provide the most helpful view which is a straight ahead photos with the eyes open.  To my eye, both your eyelids look heavy.  The right incision looks like it might be too high.  However, real question is how do you look with the eyes open?  If these eyelids stay heavy after a few months of healing, you will need a revisional surgery to correct the upper eyelid ptosis.  Hopefully with healing, these issues will resolve without anything further.  Please consider reposting to let up know how you are doing.  And yes, by all means, communicate with your surgeon.

Swelling after Blepharoplasty

+1
It's a little difficult to tell from your photos. A straight ahead photo would be helpful; however,prolonged swelling after blepharoplasty is not uncommon and usually subsides with time. You is a little droopy and may need correction  after all the swelling is down and healing is complete.

Burr Von Maur, MD

Blepharoplasty - swelling 2 weeks after

+1
While not normal it is not uncommon to have some bleeding and  it is normal to have swelling.  I presume that the bleeding has stopped  at 2 weeks.  The scenario is seen occasionally that a small vessel will break open and bleed some in the first few days.  Although this usually stops spontaneously it some times leaves behind residual swelling which may take a long time to heal. It can be caused by straining, coughing in the post op period and even taking aspirin or any of the other many anti-clotting factors pre op.  Head elevation, massage and such anti swelling products as arnica montana, bromelain, papain, etc. may be helpful.  There is asymmetry in your eyelids that probably will adjust as the swelling goes away.  In a rare case it might require a minor revision later, but not for several months.

Richard O. Gregory, MD

2 weeks post op of Blepharoplasty, my eyes has been swelling and bleeding right after surgery. Is this normal?

+1
Healing is a very unpredictable phenomena. Average for eyelid operation is 2 weeks so you are falling out of the average...