Swelling After Abdominoplasty and Scar Revision?

I had a scar revision and abdominoplasty on Monday, July 2. Today is Post op day four and Im feeling okay. However, my PS does not allow yiu to take off binder until 1 week PO appointment so I have no idea what it looks like or if everything is okay. Anyway, my question is whether ten pounds weight gain is normal? I am 5'6" and weighed 138 going into surgery. Today Im at 148.8.. I know Im extremely swollen, even down in upper thighs. Does this seem normal?

Swelling 4 days after tummy tuck is completely normal

+1

Swelling 4 days after a tummy tuck is completely normal. It takes at least 3-6 months for swelling to resolve. I strongly suggest you continue wearing your compression garment and following your plastic surgeon's suggestions.

I hope that helps and wish you all the best.

Fresno Plastic Surgeon

Swelling after a Tummy Tuck

+1

It is normal to experience swelling after a tummy tuck. This amount of swelling seems to be normal 4 days after surgery. Swelling also works with gravity so it is normal to be experiencing this in the thigh area. I would follow your post-operative instructions provided by your plastic surgeon and address these concerns with them at your first post-operative appointment.

Leo Lapuerta, MD

Weight Gain after Tummy Tuck Surgery Normal?

+1

Yes, temporary weight gain after surgery is to be expected;  your weight will return to normal  over the course of the next 1 to 2 weeks. It may behoove you to remember that swelling will be present for several months and it will take several months and even up to one year to see the final results of your surgery.

Swelling and weight gain after tummy tuck

+1
Your body is retaining fluid and, therefore, weight, in the form of swelling. You should begin to diuresce and lose the fluid as the swelling goes down. That is a lot of fluid so try to walk around, do not remove the binder and keep in touch with your plastic surgeon.

Robert L. Kraft, MD

Swelling and weight gain 4 days after surgery

+1

i suspect that you are fine. I also do not have my patients change any dressings for a week after surgery. You could adjust the binder in order to make sure it is in the right place but I also like it to sty on for the week. Your weight gain is from the fluids you received and your body's response to surgery as it "holds on" to water. 

Ronald Schuster, MD