How Much Does Swelling Add to the Cupsize? (photo)

Hi I am 4 weeks post op and things seem to be going ok. I had a lot of bruising to start out with. That has since started to disappear over the past few weeks. My question is I was an H cup and now at this point I am about DD. Do you think the swelling will further go down and my cup size will get smaller. I was just really hoping for a single digit cup size. Thank you very much for you answers.

Some swelling still likely present at one month but not much

+2

Thank you for the question.  Although some swelling is likely still present at one month a significant amount of the swelling should be gone.  I would encourage you to not focus on the actual cup size as much as the actual shape of your breasts and their proportion to your body.

Dr Remus Repta

Breast Reduction and Size Concerns?

+2

Congratulations on having undergone the breast reduction procedure; this operation tends to be one of the most patient pleasing operations we perform. Based on the photograph you posted,  your surgeon has done a nice job for you. I think you can assume that there will contain a be significant changes in breast size/shape over the course of the next several months. It is not possible to predict exactly what the reduction and swelling will amount to relation to change in cup size. It will be best to evaluate the end result of surgery one year postoperatively;  hopefully you'll be very pleased with the outcome regardless of the (somewhat arbitrary) cup size  measurements.

Swelling after Breast Reduction

+1

Swelling after breast reduction will cause a temporary increase in the size of your breasts and may also not be exactly the same amount on both sides.  

It is important to understand that swelling varies greatly from patient to  patient, and also from breast to breast in the same patient.  

For this reason, I cannot say how much smaller your breasts will be when the swelling resolves, but your surgeon may be able to give you some idea as he completed the surgery before the swelling developed.

Your breast reduction result looks very good.  Based on your preoperative size, I think this result already is probably close what you and your surgeon were trying to achieve.

Fredrick A. Valauri, MD

Final size after breast reduction is seen at four months.

+1

Hi.

Looks like you had a good job.  You will probably be happy with size in a few more months.  If not, breasts can be made a little smaller with liposuction.

George J. Beraka, MD (retired)