Is BA swelling 4mo post-op cause for concern?

I am 4 months postop with breast aug (allergan 410 submusc). I have gotten back to my normal workout routine and it's been fine, however yesterday I feetl a soreness in my upper breast. Im wondering if the few push-ups I did the other day may have caused this. I think that the left breast is slightly swollen on the upper pole, it's slightly visible and palpable. What could this be from and is it cause for concern? Thanks for any insight

Working out post-op

+1
It was most likely a result of doing a few exercises using your muscles that cuased the soreness. Work yourself back slowly into your excersise routine.

Swelling can be normal after breast augmentation.

+1
Swelling can be normal after breast augmentation, but it could also be a seroma as well.  If the fullness subsides over the next several days then it was most likely just swelling and you will need to temporize your activity for a little while to prevent recurrence.  If it does not reduce after several days of rest then it could also be a seroma (fluid collection around the implant itself) and you would need to be evaluated by your plastic surgeon.

Richard H. Fryer, MD
Salt Lake City Plastic Surgeon

Breast Pain after Push Ups

+1
Sure, the recent push ups and use or overuse of the pectoralis muscle may be causing your pain and swelling. Put ice on it, take some ibuprofen, and rest the muscle. It should resolve in time. Consult your surgeon for advice and guidance.

George C. Peck, Jr, MD
West Orange Plastic Surgeon

Breast Augmentation and Swelling after exercise

+1
It is not unusually to experience some soreness and/or swelling after exercising, following breast augmentation.  In most cases these symptoms will resolve over time.  I would suggest you limit your arm and chest exercises for the first couple of months.  If the swelling or soreness persists be sure to let your surgeon know.  Best wishes.

Vincent D. Lepore, MD
San Jose Plastic Surgeon

Breast Enhancement Surgery

+1
Swelling after surgery could be a late fluid collection or seroma which is more common with the textured devices that you have described, you should see your surgeon for a physical exam and potentially some non surgical drainage options

Ryan Neinstein, MD, FRCSC

Breast swelling four months post augmentation

+1
It is possible that you are having some muscle spasm creating the appearance of swelling or fullness in the upper pole of your breast after doing push-ups.  With shaped gel implants, like the 410, I usually suggest waiting at least six months prior to starting strenuous chest exercises (bench press, flys, push-ups, etc).

Todd C. Case, MD
Tucson Plastic Surgeon

BBA

+1
Without any pictures or an in-person examination it is difficult to answer you.  You need to be examined in person.  Please see your PS or another PS in your area.

Asif Pirani, MD, FRCS(C)