Swelling 13 Months After Lower Blepharoplasty. Kenalog Was Injected. Why is the Swelling Worse After Almost Two Months?

The doctor just tells me to be patient.I had an evaluation a week ago by another surgeon who said fat was not removed under the eye and herniated fat is causing the swelling.The surgeon who performed the surgery gave me the surgical procedure record, which confirms he did not think it necessary to remove any fat and said there was very little fat under the lids.Previous lower bleph was done on my lids about 18 years ago.The swelling is very pronounced at the injection site and laterally.I'm 71.

Circulation issue..

+1

Persistent swelling after lower eyelid surgery is often a circulation issue. It sounds like there is a question about whether or not the swelling is fat. This determination should be easy to make by an experienced surgeon. You probably should consider seeing an eyelid specialist for an additional opinion.

New York Oculoplastic Surgeon

Lower eyelid fullness after blepharoplasty

+1

It is difficult to assess your problem without examination,or at least a photo.  The problem could fat, swelling (fluid), or both.  Recommend consult with an oculoplastic surgeon.

Mehryar (Ray) Taban, MD, FACS
Beverly Hills Oculoplastic Surgeon

Swelling

+1

This is an unusual problem that needs further investigation and clinical follow-up.  A thorough exam and photographs are warranted.

Robert Shumway, MD
San Diego Facial Plastic Surgeon

Swelling after blepharoplasty.

+1

I would need to see you to give you a proper answer. I would not have anyone Kenalog injected  

Difficult to answer...

+1

Honestly, your question is a difficult question to answer without posting any photographs. Obviously, this many months after surgery, the swelling likely is not related. Furthermore, as you age, there are changes that occur. Please post a photo, and we may be able to give  you a better recommendation.

A.J. Amadi, MD
Seattle Oculoplastic Surgeon