Swelling 11 Weeks After Rhinoplasty? (photo)

Hi all, it has been 11 weeks since my rhinoplasty and the tip of my nose is still very swollen. I've been applying ice twice a day (most days) but work in an office with no air con that gets very hot - I am praying for winter. Have started wearing my glasses again this week but of course because of the swelling this is leaving indentations that last until that eve. Is there anything you can advise to make the swelling go down faster please? My follow up is in 2 weeks.

Still swollen 11 weeks post-rhinoplasty

Unfortunately, there is not much you can do to make the swelling go down faster at this point. Only time will help. Try to avoid further trauma by reducing sun exposure. This swelling can take months to improve.

Fargo Plastic Surgeon

3820 20th Street South
Fargo, North Dakota 58103

Swelling after Rhinoplasty

Swelling after rhinoplasty, especially an open rhinoplasty is quite common. Your nose will slowly change and improve, but it can take up to a year or more before the swelling dissipates and the scarring matures.
Sometimes, I will instruct my patients to place a warm wash cloth on the nose several times per day starting a few weeks after surgery. This seems to help decrease the postoperative swelling in my patients more quickly. Time is your friend. Your nose will continue to improve.
Thanks for your question!
Gregory Park

Gregory Park, MD

3998 Vista Way
Oceanside, CA 92056