Swelling at 10 Months Rhinoplasty Post-op?

I had septo-rhinoplasty back in June 2011. My nose is still pretty swollen, especially at the tip. I know this is normal, but it just seems like it's been long enough for my nose to have shrunken a bit more. I see very little improvement each month, and it's very frustrating. The warmer weather seems to also be slowing down the healing process, but I rarely eat salty foods and make sure to stay hydrated. What else can I do to decrease swelling? Is it just an exercise in patience?

Swelling at 10 months

+1

I would see your surgeon and discuss it. Perhaps a course of steroids will speed it up.It may not e swelling anymore at theis stage

Swelling 10 Months Post Rhinoplasty

+1

You are being patient but swelling, especially in the tip, may take another several months to resolve if you have thick skin. In the next couple months I suggest you talk to your surgeon if there is not significant improvement. If you're not satisfied at that time get a second opinion.

+1

Your nose may or may not get smaller over the next several months.  You could always check with your Rhinoplasty Surgeon to see if that's possible.

Rhinoplasty at 10 months is almost healed.

+1

You may have more definition in the tip especially if you have thick skin. Wait three months and then see your surgeon nor get a second opinion. 

Rhinoplasty swelling

+1

Swelling after rhinoplasty usually subsides after about a year give or take.  Certain activities may make it worse.

Swelling after septorhinoplasty

+1
Typically ten months after surgery most of your swelling has gone down. You may have some small amount of swelling that will take up to full year to completely dissipate. Sleep elevated, avoid excessive heat and follow your low sodium diet as all these factors will help with the swelling process. Yes it is sometimes an exercise in patience. You have come far so give it a bit more time! Best regards and quick healing!

Michael Elam, MD