Will SwelIing from Juvederm Injection Directly over the End of my Eyebrow Go Away?

I had a Juverderm injection directly over the end of my eyebrow 2 days ago. It was suggested that I use a filler instead of the Botox, since the Botox was not diminshing the line that well. I have swelling from the arch of my brow to the end of brow and the end of brow feels like a long lump. I have some brusing also. Will this go away? How long should I wait before I seek to desolve the filler with Hyaluronidase? and will that work?

Swelling From Juvederm Injection

+2

Swelling in the area of a hyaluronic acid filler (Juvederm / Restylane / Belotero) can take one to two weeks to settle, so I would counsel patience at this point two days out.  Most of the time, the firmness softens and it looks and feels very natural.

You are correct that this class of fillers can be dissolved with hyaluronidase, which gives one some reassurance that you do not have to live with a result with which you are not happy. It does work; however, I have found it very rarely necessary to use hyaluronidase.

If you are still concerned with the look or feel after two weeks, check back with your injector.

Manchester Facial Plastic Surgeon

Juvederm and swelling

+2

Swelling from initial injection of juvederm may take a few days to a week to resolve. Give it time it usually gets better.

Swelling from Juvederm takes time to resolve

+2

It is always advisable to wait at least one and preferably two weeks for all of the swelling to resolve before assessing the results of filler injections such as Juvederm. I always recommend waiting several weeks for the swelling to go down after the treatment before worrying about any long-term adverse effects or considering any "touch-up" treatments such as additional filler injections or reversing the treatment using hyaluronidase.

Mitchell Schwartz, MD
South Burlington Dermatologic Surgeon

Swelling from Juvederm

+2

Typically swelling and bruising from hyaluronic acid fillers such as Juvederm, Restylane and Perlane last anywhere from 1 to 2 weeks. As you are only 2 days post your filler treatment, it is likely the swelling you are experiencing will go down.  I do not recommend massing or manipulating the area as it likely will just make the swelling worse.  If it hasnt resolved after a good 2 weeks, I recommend following up with your doctor. 

Channing R. Barnett, MD

Swelling from fillers

+2

Swelling and bruising from HA fillers like Juvederm and Restylane usually lasts about 7-14 days. I prefer patients not do anything until after that time has passed because things need to settle down and it's so hard to see what's going on and what things will ultimately look like until after most swelling and bruising are gone. Continue to ice if you'd like, don't press on or manipulate the area, and then assess after a minimum of a week.

F. Victor Rueckl, MD

See your injector in two weeks if swelling hasn't subsided

+1
Swelling, redness, discomfort and possibly bruising can last for the first few days following the injection. Most of this settles down within 3 days. Occasionally, the swelling can last up to one week or two.

Cool, soft, flexible ice packs may be used (or small packs of frozen peas) to keep the swelling down. Place the ice pack on the treated area(s) for 15-20 minutes at a time, 3 or 4 times per day.

If after two weeks the swelling hasn't subsided, please return to your injector.

Jerome Edelstein, MD

When will Juvederm swelling go away?

+1

It can take up to a week for swelling to go away, perhaps longer if you are bruised too.  Swelling and bruising are the most common side effects of injections but it will all resolve.  Be patient,  It's too soon to talk about dissolving the product you just had put in. Wait until all bruising is gone before you judge your final results.  

Sam Naficy, MD