How can my nose get more feminine? (photo)

I feel like my nose is disproportionate to the rest of my face. I have a bump from the side, just over the tip, so the tip looks more bumpy because of that. I think my nose lacks definition and that it's too big. What changes can I make so that there's more harmony in the face?

Rhinoplasty procedure to feminize the nose

+1

Without a full set of pictures is difficult to ascertain exactly what may need to be performed. The rhinoplasty procedure involves de- projecting the nose, removing the dorsal hump which is composed of the bone and cartilage, osteotomies to narrow the nasal bones. The tip of the nose would be best addressed with a combination of suture techniques and conservative cartilage removal. For many examples please see the link below to our rhinoplasty photo gallery

#rhinoplasty

+1

You have a wide bridge and a wide parantheses shaped tip. Without a side view the bump you mention and the degree of forward tip projection cannot be assessed. A standard infracture to narrow the bridge and trim of the upper edge of the tip cartilages should give you what you are looking for. More work might be helpful depending on the appearance in a side view. You posted some oblique photos but no side view.

I hope you realize that this format of posting questions and receiving answers lacks the face to face direct communication required for you to make an informed decision regarding your surgery.

My response to your question/post does not represent formal medical advice or constitute a doctor patient relationship. You need to consult with i.e. personally see a board certified plastic surgeon in order to receive a formal evaluation and develop a doctor patient relationship in order to know if this assessment is valid.

Aaron Stone, MD

How can my nose get more feminine?

+1

I think that certainly tip refinement would produce the biggest change in your nose. Find a plastic surgeon with ELITE credentials who performs hundreds of rhinoplasties and rhinoplasty revisions each year. Then look at the plastic surgeon's website before and after photo galleries to get a sense of who can deliver the results.

Kenneth Hughes, MD Los Angeles, CA