Lower lip uneven, very crooked smile after chin implant. Is this my final result or will massage help? (Photo)

I had a chin implant done 1 month and 2 weeks ago (the cut was made under the chin) My lower lip is a bit numb one one side, same side is sagging and is giving me a crokked smile... the whole chin muscle area looks uneven and crooked . Im terrified this will be permanent... my lip was much more numb first 4 weeks, not any more but my smile is still like the joker on one side :ยด( my surgeon told me to massage gently around my moth. I need your opinion/advice/thoughts on this. THANK YOU.

Smile asymmetric after chin implant

+1
It sounds as though the nerve is recovering where the numbness is going away.
The lip sagging may be from that, from the implant or from a weakness of another nerve.
Your implant does look asymmetric in one photo.

This is fairly early after surgery and things are still swollen and healing.
Review your before photos including the smiling ones with your surgeon - have photos taken at that visit and again in 3 more weeks. Assuming things are improving, you may be reassured.

+1
What would really help here is a picture of you smiling before surgery. Otherwise it will be hard to see how the smile has changed.

Val Lambros, MD, FACS
Newport Beach Plastic Surgeon