Can I achieve an oval shaped face with jaw surgery?

I have braces now and a little bit of overbite, I'm unhappy with my profile, weak chin and no jawline. I have a round/square looking face that doesn't look attractive to me. I want to get jaw surgery, either lower or double jaw surgery to correct the cosmetic problems I have and at the same time get a more oval and feminine face. Is this possible?

Changing Facial Shape with Jaw Surgery

+1
Whether you can change your facial shape favorably by jaw surgery depends on how your jaws could be moved and what your face looks like now. You would have to submit pictures and other information to get any meaningful opinions.

Oval face

+1
it would depend upon your images; which are not on the site. However, you can likely achieve a very good result and facial balance with the combined surgery. The idea of 'jaw surgery' is to balance the facial structure along with the bite.

Gerald Wittenberg, MSc, DMD
Vancouver Oral & Maxillofacial Surgeon