Ways To Reduce Swelling and Bruising After Septorhinoplasty?

How can I help to decrease swealling and bruising to help my recovery after my septorhinoplasty? any pharmacologic or natural treatments? Thank you in advance

How to reduce swelling after nasal surgery

+2

To reduce swelling and help to resolve it quickly I suggest elevating your head and trying to keep it relatively straight while sleeping, Ibuprofen or some other NSAID, avoid salt, and take Arnica Montana.

How to reduce swelling and bruising after rhinoplasty

+1

There are a few ways to decrease your facial swelling after septo-rhinoplasty surgery. Check out my link below for some details on what you can do to reduce your post-operative swelling.

Avoiding blood thinner (ibuprofen, naprosyn, aspirin, etc.) medication about 10 days before and after surgery can reduce your risk of bruising. Some people find that taking Arnica Montana can help with bruising and swelling.

Thomas A. Lamperti, MD

Reducing Swelling and Bruising after Rhinoplasty

+1

Assuming you have not yet had your surgery you can minimize swelling and bruising by avoiding certain foods like garlic and medicines like excedrin before the operation. We provide our patients with a long list of instructions - far too many to include in this forum. After surgery we limit their activities and again restrict their diet.