What Can I Do to my Nose?

about two years ago i had a hairline crack on the side of the bridge of my nose .. the doctor said it would heal alone and that i didn't need surgery... now i have developed a noticeable bump on were the crack was and it kind of deformed my nose on one side.

Bump Secondary to Nasal Fracture

+2

This can happen secondary to a nasal fracture. Surgery can be done to eliminate the bump and correct any functional problems such as breathing obstruction.

What can I do to my nose?

+1

Hello, and sorry to hear about the trauma you experienced. When one experiences trauma to the nose, it can result in a nasal hump or deformity. The nose may heal without any breathing issues developing, but the hump will still be present. In order to correct a nasal hump, rhinoplasty surgery would be necessary. The hump can be rasped down, and it is a fairly simple procedure. Keep in mind that osteotomies (fracturing of the nasal bones) may be necessary in order to prevent an open roof deformity from occurring. But this really depends on the individual circumstances of the patient. I hope this helps, and I wish you the best of luck.

Jonathan Kulbersh, MD
Charlotte Facial Plastic Surgeon

Rhinoplasty for bump, fracture and deformity

+1

A properly performed rhinoplasty will remove  any nasal hump, realign the nasal bones, and make any adjustments in the nose to make it look better.  Also important to address any potential breathing problems  (deviated septum) that may have occurred from the fracture as well.

Bump of nose

+1

A bump of the nose can be treated with rasping of the bump. If it is small that may be all you need.

What Can I Do to my Nose?

+1

This outgrowth can be brought down flush with the rest of the dorsum in a short rhinoplasty procedure.  Kenneth Hughes, MD Los Angeles, CA