Will Swapping from 245cc Moderate Anatomicals to 325 Extra High Profile Anatomicals Work?

I like the shape of my boobs from the front but from the side they are flat like pancakes -which wasn't what I asked for. The 325cc ones are 5mm wider and 5mm but the projection is increased by 1.5cm. Do you think this would make me look full but not fake? And do you think they would decrease the gap between my breasts or accentuate them? Thanks

Breast Revision

+1

The change will be very subtle at best.  See a Board Certified Plastic Surgeon and have an evaluation for this revision.

Danville Plastic Surgeon

Revision Breast Augmentation Breast Implant Sizing?

+1

Prior to undergoing revisionary  breast augmentation surgery it will be very important to communicate your size goals with your surgeon.  In my practice, the use of photographs of “goal” pictures (and breasts that are too big or too small) is very helpful. I have found that the use of words such as “natural” or “C cup” or "fake looking" or "top heavy" means different things to different people and therefore prove unhelpful.
Also, as you know, cup size varies depending on who makes the bra; therefore, discussing desired cup  size may also be inaccurate.
I use  intraoperative sizers and place the patient in the upright position to evaluate breast size. Use of these sizers also allow me to select the breast implant profile (low, moderate, moderate plus, high-profile) that would most likely achieve the patient's goals. The patient's goal pictures are hanging on the wall, and allow for direct comparison.
I have found that this system is very helpful in improving the chances of achieving the patient's goals as consistently as possible.
By the way, the most common regret after this operation, is “I wish I was bigger”.

Breast Projection and Implant Style/Size...

+1

When switching from "moderate profile" breast implants to larger "high profile" implants, it's logical to think your breast projection will be increased, and if the "high profile" implant is also greater in diameter, the space between your breasts may be slightly diminished. Actually, both of these changes may be quite subtle.

In practice, the only thing you can reliably predict is that your breasts will be larger. If that 80cc increase in implant volume causes you to look "fake", I would be surprised, since even 325cc is not an extreme size. Knowing your overall height, weight and current bra size would be helpful information with which to make that judgment.

Another thought which you should consider is the impact your chest wall contour is exerting upon your implant position and projection. Judging from your submitted photos, your ribs appear to slope sharply back from their breastbone origin. In women, this is very normal, but it is also a strong factor in spacing the breasts apart from one another.

Charles Gruenwald, MD
Baton Rouge Plastic Surgeon

Implant exchange

+1

The larger the implant the more fake they look. It is difficult to say what would be best for you without an exam.  Good luck.

Increasing Breast Implant Size To Achieve Better Shape

+1

If a patient has breast implants currently and wants to achieve more projection and shape, you generally need to change the profile of the implant and go up in size as well.  To notice the size difference, I generally recommend going up at least 100cc from the current implant size, otherwise the size and shape change may not be noticeable.  In your case, changing from the moderate to the HP anatomicals should address your issues, while still maintaing more of a natural look.  It will also help give you a little more cleavage.  In your case, though, I would probably go up to the 350cc implant. The 325cc implant may not be enough to achieve your goals.  I hope this helps.

Christopher V. Pelletiere, MD
Barrington Plastic Surgeon

Changing implant size

+1

How long ago was your augmentation? I do not favor making a change until a suitable amount of time has passed- 6 mos to a year. This is for two reasons. Your breast appearance will usually improve as your body adjusts to the implants and you may decide to accept the implants after you become used to them. Also, I don't favor the extra high profile anatomic saline implants. They feel too firm to me. I suggest you try to clearly define the look you want, find some pictures of models or patients which have the look you desire, then ask you surgeon (hopefully a Board Certified Plastic Surgeon) to use sizers in the operating roon so the exact implant can be chosen.

William H. Gorman, MD